About the Chemical Card Renewal Course
In most Australian states (see note below regarding NSW), legislation requires people to have current AgVet Chemical Accreditation Card in order to purchase and/or use some of the more dangerous chemicals, including Schedule 7 chemicals (ie those chemicals with the DANGEROUS POISON signal heading at the top of the front part of the label).
AgVet Chemical Accreditation Cards are valid for 5 years. At the end of this period, the Card can be renewed for another 5 years by completing this AgVet Chemical Card Renewal course.
To do this course you must be able to show us that you have either:
a Statement of Attainment for the two Level 3 Units of Competence (or the superseded equivalent) issued within last 6 years:
- AHCCHM303 – Prepare and apply chemicals
- AHCCHM304 – Transport and store chemicals
a Chemical Accreditation Card that has not been expired for more than 12 months.
If you are not able to provide either of these you will need to complete our Chemical Accreditation Course
AgVet Chemical users in NSW are required to complete our NSW Chemical Reaccreditation Course to obtain a Statement of Attainment as well as a new AgVet Chemical Accreditation Card, please contact us if you are not sure – 1800 991 985
What topics are covered?
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- Reading & understanding chemical labels & Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Safe transport, storage and handling
- Calibrating application equipment
- Personal Safety
- Keeping records of chemical use
- Chemical use and the law
- Safe storage of chemicals
- Protecting the environment
- Using tools like Delta T, spray droplet quality, buffer distances
- Improving chemical efficiency/reducing off-target damage
- Discounted Windmate WM-300 Weather meter (RRP $250. Your price $212.50)
- Unlimited support from our fully qualified trainers
- Free access to our Animal Health Treatments course. The Smith & Georg Chemical Card Renewal course includes free, optional, access to this course. Normal price is $165 inc GST, Successful completion of this course will be recognised by a ‘Certificate of Completion’. Our Animal Health Treatments course is not part of a nationally recognised unit of competence, it is an Industry designed module specifically addressing the knowledge of those administering Animal Health Treatments in their workplace.
- The Animal Health Treatments course includes the following topics:
- Understanding label/SDS information
- Residues in meat
- Resistance management
- Storing animal health products
- Application methods
- Keeping records
- Disposal of waste
Smith & Georg offer a number of alternative study options. Choose the one that’s right for you.
Use our online option to complete the course on your computer over the internet or call 1800 991 985 to chat to someone
Why do your Chemical Training online?
- Don’t wait for a course near you
- Do it at your own pace. Log on to the course as often as you want, at times that suit you, day or night. Take up to 3 months to complete the course.
- Eliminate the time and cost of travelling to a course. Do the online study and knowledge assessments at work or at home, wherever you have access to an appropriate internet connection. There will be some offline skills assessments to be done in your workplace. (Note the ‘Course Requirements’ link below)
- Choose the topics that are relevant to you, your industry, and your state
Also please view our page: Online Training – Computer Requirements.
We do not recommend that you try to complete this course on a smart phone.
How do Smith & Georg online courses work?
The course is presented in a number of topics. Each topic has one or more video, presentation, assessments follow at the end. The assessments are designed to test your knowledge of handing and using chemicals.
Course participants typically take 4-8 hours online to complete the formal training and online assessments. However the time taken can vary considerably from this, depending on each participant’s existing knowledge of, and skills with chemicals. We encourage participants to take as much time as they need to fully understand the information and practice the skills taught in the course, before attempting the assessments. This time may be spread over a number of days, weeks up to 3 months from commencement. Course fees may be forfeit for courses and assessments not completed within 3 months of commencement.
Help is available from our fully trained course facilitators by phone, email and fax during office hours. You are fully supported during your study, so if you have any questions or concerns, you can contact us.
Face to Face Workshop
Our trained educators travel throughout SA providing full day accreditation and half day re-accreditation/refresher courses. When you enrol we will give you access to online training presentations to help you prepare for the workshop. These presentations will be particularly useful if you have little or no prior experience with chemicals, and viewing them prior to attending the workshop will make the workshop more meaningful.
There may be an opportunity to complete some of the knowledge assessments at the workshop.The remaining knowledge assessments will take participants additional time after the course. This time may be spread over a number of days, weeks up to 3 months from the date of the course. Course fees may be forfeit for courses and assessments not completed within 3 months of course date.
Register for a course near you or call 1800 991 985 to enrol. Contact us on 1800 991 985 for a quote to present an in-house course for your business, anywhere in Australia.
Correspondence – a paper &/or memory stick base version
If your internet is not appropriate for training, or if you are all thumbs, our paper based course maybe the one for you – we can provide the presentations on a memory stick too, if that works for you – ring us on 1800 991 985 to find out more or enrol.
The course includes a number of assessments that are designed to assess your knowledge in handling and using chemicals in workplace situations, to be deemed Competent you must pass all of the assessments. If the assessments show a gap in your knowledge, your course assessor will discuss this with you, and will provide further opportunities for you to demonstrate your knowledge.
You have time to learn about chemicals and to practice your skills before attempting the assessments. Only start assessments once you feel competent to do so. You have up to 3 months after commencing or attending a course to complete the assessments.
Please note that we cannot issue your Chemical Accreditation Card until you have completed all requirements of the course, including successful completion of all assessments.
We invite you to view our Policies and Procedures, which includes our Refund Policy and Complaints Procedure at www.smithandgeorg.com.au/aboutus/policies-and-procedures .
If you have any concerns please talk to your presenter in the first instance. If it is not appropriate to discuss your concern with the presenter, please ring the Managing Director on 0408 899 386
Want to know more?
- Preview the course – A sample of one of the many presentations that are included in the course to provide you with the information you need.
- See our list of current and past clients
- Contact us to ask a question or request a call back at a time that suits you.
- Call us on 1800 991 985 so we can answer any questions you have or enrol you for the online course over the phone.
Please contact us if you require any more information.