Workplaces and situations that may benefit from the Hazardous Substances Course include:
- Cleaners using heavy duty cleaning/sanitising agents
- Food preparation areas where sanitisers, food processing aids and food additives may be used
- Wineries and bottling factories
- Laboratories (eg schools, food businesses, industrial)
- Manufacturing industries that use hazardous substances
- Any other situation where hazardous substances are used
The course is run in-house for organizations, and the content is normally customized to suit particular workplace situations.
Topics may include:
- Identification of hazardous substances
- Risk assessment and risk management
- Following workplace procedures
- Emergency procedures
- Employers and employee responsibilities
- Reading and interpreting labels and Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Poisoning and personal safety
- Storing, transporting and handling hazardous substances safely
Please note – this is not an accredited course.
Contact us for more information, and for a quote to present the course at your workplace.